Feb 27, 2010

FAU Intern Displays Art at Hible Museum

If you haven't heard of Michael Metzner, you are about to. Metzner is a sophomore at FAU's Honors College in Jupiter and also an intern for the Scripps Research Institute, Department of Metabolism and Aging. According to the TC Palm, Metzner's photographs were the featured attraction at an exhibition at the Hibel Museum of Art (at FAU in Jupiter).

The exhibition opened on Feb. 25 and is titled "Perceptions of Beauty: An Artistic Photographic Expression of Antique Fans." According to Metzner, "the exhibit looks at how society has a flawed sense of what beauty is and how we do not appreciate the beauty that is found in our everyday lives."

This is Metzner's first solo exhibit, but he hopes it won't be his last. "I think that this project is the best work I have done thus far, but I think the best is yet to come," said Metzner.

Metzner has always had a passion for the arts. "I got my first camera in 2007. I love capturing moments where I can see the true personality of my subject. My goal is to capture the details, not only in the people's personalities, but in all the objects that I photograph," said Metzner.

He is double-majoring in biochemistry and the visual arts. Metzner told me that he believes photography is a great form of stress relief and will take advantage of any doors it opens, but his career goal is to become a pediatric surgeon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment